Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas is the first book in a young adult, fantasy series. The novel follows a captured Assassin, Celaena Sardothien, in her fight for freedom.In this first book we join Celaena Sardothien working in a Salt Mine Death Camp in a land called Endovier. After a day working in the mines the Assassin is summoned to a meeting with a very important visitor. This visitor entices Celaena with a deal. Win a competition for him and her freedom will be granted. However, there's a catch. If she wins she has to serve the family as their Champion for 4 years. She must follow every order she is given. If she losses Celaena will be sent back to the Salt Mines to await her inevitable death.
I gave Throne of Glass the rating of 4/5 stars.I found the novel gripping towards the beginning and at the end. However, the story line left me a bit bored half way through. This is the reason why I did not award this book a 5/5 stars.
Some of the good points about this novel is our main character, Celaena Sardothien. This character holds so much personality and presence. The most I have seen for a long time. Celaena is a strong, independent, cunning women with a stroke of brutality about her. It is really intriguing to watch this character grow throughout the book. Not only physically, but mentally as well. Also, you see how her relationships grow with other characters which is interesting to watch.
This novel features a lot of strong characters. You can easily tell between them all and every one of them has memorable characteristics and traits.
The setting of Throne of Glass is stunning. The land it is set in is interesting. There are parts of the world characters talk about and I as a reader can't wait and want to visit these different areas. As well as this, the dynamics of the environment Celaena finds herself in are handled really well. It is very accurate I feel.
Overall, Throne of Glass was a exciting read and I can not wait to see where this series goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment