Wednesday, 4 November 2015

October Wrap Up

In the month of October I read a total of 4 books. I've been super busy with my animation course at University so haven't been able to read as much as I'd like. At the beginning of the month my reading so on average but currently I'm reading Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen and with the increased work load I'm struggling to get through it.

The first book I read this month was in fact a manga. Fullmetal Alchemist (3 in 1) Volume 3. I read the whole of this series a couple of years back and really enjoyed it. I'm currently revisiting the series. This manga follows brother Edward and Alphonse Elric who loose their Mother when they are young. The brothers take pride in learning the art of Alchemy to not only set them an adventurous path in the present but
I rated Fullmetal Alchemist (3 in 1)Volume 3 a 3/5 stars.
they try to uncover and adjust the past. This manga series is action packed. Full of plot twits, comedy and betrayal.

The next book I read in the month of October was The Letter Bearer by Robert Allison. This is a historical fiction novel set in the Africa during World War Two. The novel starts off with joining the main character, The Rider injured in the African desert. He can't remember what happened, where he is, or how he got there. This book represents World War Two in it's true, gruesome form. It's very honest about the physical and mental side of war. I rated The Letter Bearer by Rober Allison a 3/5 stars.
Full Review:
 http://livingontheborderlinebooks.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/the-letter-bearer.html#more



The third and my favorite book I read this month was Throne of Glass by Sarah. J Maas. This book is a young adult,fantasy novel set in the kingdom of Endovier. The book joins the main character, Celaena Sardothien finishing her day at the Salt Mines Death Camp ran by the royal family in charge of the kingdom. The assassin, Celaena is summoned to a meeting with a mysterious, well protected guest. This is when Celaena is offered a deal. Represent the guest in a competition. If she wins she has to work for him for 4 years and then is granted her freedom. If she fails she will be sent back to the Salt Mines to await her death. I gave this book a 4/5 stars. I really enjoy the kingdom and the brutality, intelligence and cunning qualities our female lead has.
Full Review:
http://livingontheborderlinebooks.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/throne-of-glass.html#more


Finally, the last book I read this months was East of West Volume 1 by Jonathan Hickman. This is a graphic novel set in a western, space themed world. Honestly, I really didn't enjoy this read. I had little clue as to what was going on throughout. I think this may need to be re read and I hope then I understand. I gave this graphic novel a 1/5 stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment